Nevada's #1 News Source for Senior Services and Community Resources
Senior Calendar - July
- July 2 - Colin Ross presents a Western Concert, 6:30 8 p.m., Neil Rd. Rec. Center, $5, (775) 689-8484.
- July 2 - Nā Lei Hulu I Ka Wēkiu, 7:30 p.m., Wingfield Park Amphitheater.
- July 2 - Feed the Camel, 58 p.m., McKinley Arts & Culture Center.
- July 3 - Craft Fair and Food Truck Rally, Aces Ballpark, 58 p.m.
- July 3 - Kellie Pickler, 8 p.m., Peppermill Resort Spa Casino.
- July 3 - Sparks Hometowne Farmers Market.
- July 3 - 9 - Masters of Magic, Grand Sierra Resort, 8 11 p.m.
- July 4 - Star Spangled Sparks, Victorian Square.
- July 4 - Genoa Americana Celebration, Mormon Station State Historic Park.
- July 4 - Reno Aces V. Sacramento.
- July 4 Reno Music Project Open Mic, 6:30 10: 30 p.m., Wildflower Village.
- July 4 - Dueling Pianos, 8:15 p.m., Bourbon Square Casino.
- July 4 - 6 - Biggest Little City Wing Fest, downtown Reno.
- July 4 - Sept. 28 - Broadway Showstoppers, Harrah’s Reno.
- July 5 - Boz Scaggs, 9 p.m., Grand Sierra Resort & Casino.
- July 6 - 12 - Region III Championship Arabian Horse Show, 8 a.m., Livestock Events Center.
- July 7 - Barton Summer Reading Program, Incline Elementary School, need 10 volunteers to tutor summer reading program, contact Karen Schildge at email@example.com/
- July 7 - Charlotte’s Web, TheatreWorks of Northern Nevada, 78 p.m., Artown’s Family Festival and Series every Monday, Wingfield Park Amphitheatre.
- July 9 - Carlos Nunez, 7:30 p.m., Wingfield Park Amphitheater.
- July 10 - Los Lonely Boys, Robert Z. Hawkins Amphitheater.
- July 11 - Music on the Beach Drop Theory, North Shore of Lake Tahoe, Kings Beach Recreation area.
- July 11 - Reno Street Food Party in the Park, 5 p.m., Idlewild Parks.
- July 11 - Thunderbird Wine & Cheese Tour, Thunderbird Lodge Lake Tahoe, 1111 p.m.
- July 11 - Aug. 24 Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival, 7:30 10 p.m., Theater at Sand Harbor.
- July 12 - Pops on the River, 5 p.m., Wingfield Park.
- July 12 - Day of Visual Art, 9 4 p.m., around old southwest Reno.
Senior Calendar - July
- July 12 - Rock on the Comstock, 2 p.m., Engrid Barnett, Ph.D., Nevada Historical Society, (775) 6881190.
- July 12 - Global Music & Dance Festival, 7:159: 15 p.m., (775) 3369733.
- July 12 - 13 - Art, Wine and Music Fest, 115 p.m., Squaw Valley.
- July 13 - Oct. 3 Sparks Adult Summer Softball League, 6:30 10 p.m., Mon.Fri., Golden Eagle Regional Park and Shadow Mountain Sports Complexes, call (775) 353-2385.
- July 13 - Thunderbird Lake Tahoe Winemaker’s Dinner Series, 59 p.m., Thunderbird Lodge.
- July 18 - Carrie Underwood at the Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series at Harveys Outdoor Arena.
- July 18 - Kenny loggins and Blue Sky Riders, Grand Sierra Resort & Casino, 9 p.m.
- July 18 - 19 - V. A. Ballet Theatre Presents the Rock Ballet Vortex, Robert Z. Hawkins Amphitheater at Bartley Ranch, 8:30 p.m., (775) 762-5165.
- July 19 - Summer Health Clinic, School of Medicine, 8 3 p.m., free student outreach, Family Medicine Center, UNR campus.
- July 19 - Reno Basque Festival, downtown Reno, Wingfield Park.
- July 19 - 20 - The Biggest Little Steampunk Expo, 105 p.m., Rancho San Rafael Park, Reno.
- July 21- Norman Foote, stories and paints musical imagery, 78 p.m., Artown’s Family Festival and Series every Monday in July Wingfield Park Amphitheatre.
- July 23 - New York Gypsy AllStars, 7:30 p.m., Wingfield Park Amphitheater.
- July 24 - Judy Collins, American singer and songwriter, Robert Z. Hawkins Amphitheater.
- July 25 - Motley Crue with Alice Cooper, 7 p.m., Reno Events Center.
- July 25 - Reno Aces V. Albuquerque.
- July 26 - Terry Fator, 8 p.m.Silver Legacy, comedian, downtown, Reno.
- July 26 - 27 - Crossroads of the West Gun Show, RenoSparks Convention Center.
- July 30 - Conjunto Chappottín y Sus Estrellas, 7:30 p.m., Wingfield Park Amphitheater. One of the top Cuban "son" groups on the scene today.
- July 30 - World Music, 7:30 p.m., Wingfield Park.
- July 31 - Don McLean, singer and songwriter, Robert Z. Hawkins Amphitheater.
- July 31 - Closing Night of Artown, Ozomatli, 7:30 p.m., Wingfield Park.
- NEVADA INFORMATION
- Aging and Disability Services
- ALZHEIMER’S ASSOCIATION
1301 Cordone Ave, Suite 180,
- CARE CHEST
7910 N. Virginia Street,
- COMMUNITY SERVICES AGENCY
1090 East 8th,
- ELDER PROTECTIVE SERVICES ADSD
- FOOD BANK (TRUCK)
- FOSTER GRANDPARENT
- HAWC CLINIC
1055 S. Wells, Reno
- MEDICATION MANAGEMENT, Sanford Center for Aging
- NV STATE WELFARE
- CENTER FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING
999 Pyramid Way, Sparks
- RTC ACCESS TRANSPORTATION Information
- RENOWN MED. LOW INCOME CLINIC, 21 Locust,Reno
- RSVP, Reno
- RSVP, Rural Counties
- SANFORD CENTER FOR AGING, UNR
- SENIOR COMPANION
- SENIOR Community Services Employment, AARP
1135 Terminal Way
Job Connect, Reno - 284-9600 Sparks - 284-9520
- SENIOR LAW PROJECT
- SENIOR OUTREACH SERVICES 784-7506
- SENIOR SAMPLER
1701 Vassar St., Reno
- SHIP (State Health Ins. Adv. PGM) 800-307-4444
- • SilVER COLLEGE
5270 Neil Rd., Reno
- Social Security
1170 Harvard Way, Reno
- Veteran’s Administration
1000 Locust Street, Reno
- Veteran’s Benefits
5460 Corporate Drive, Reno